Sunday, September 8, 2019

but I want it and I need it

Sep 2-8


I flew home from Portugal super early Monday morning and met Jeremy and Oslo at the park. They took Berlin to kita and then went to the park so Oslo could play and Jeremy could get a bit of work done before I came. Not long before I got there, Oslo decided to go down the monster slide (meaning giant) while holding a bunch of his toys - there's a middle section in this slide that flattens out, and Oslo went over it pretty fast and lost his balance, but of course, wouldn't let go of his toys to save his life, so he landed on his face and got a nasty bruise. Jeremy tried explaining that Oslo should leave his toys, but Oslo walked up the stairs and did it again, this time cutting under his eyebrow. You'd think he'd learn. Oslo and I went to pick up Berlin after that and we went home and took naps. I think we probably did something for FHE but I can't really remember past nap time.








On Tuesday after kita and naps, we went to the church to help the missionaries with a lesson. Unfortunately their investigator didn't show up until almost 7:30 (the original appointment was at 6) but we'd waited for an hour and then the boys and I weren't ready to leave when he did show up, so I stayed to help them and the boys played in the nursery. The lesson went really well,  but it did go VERY long. Jeremy was at the church for bishopric meeting and we ended up there until he was ready to go home. It was a really late night. We got home and Jeremy and I still hadn't eaten dinner, so we put the boys in bed and then ate/talked to Lane on the phone.


On Wednesday, we ended up picking up Berlin and trying to meet Jeremy for lunch, but we only ended up meeting him for popsicles. The boy skipped naps and ended up going to bed early, so Jeremy ran to the grocery store for me and then we ate dinner and watched a couple of episodes of the Formula 1 series on Netflix. It's actually such an interesting series.


On Thursday morning we had crepes and some of them were weird shapes. What on earth do you call a five-legged bunny? When I went to pick Berlin up from kita I completely forgot that there was a parent meeting. I got there about an hour and a half before the meeting, certainly not enough time to go home, so we got some snacks and went to play at a park while we killed time. The meeting ended up being about 2.5 hours long. I was dying a little bit. Jeremy came about 1.5 in and played with the boys in the kita garden, and they had a great time. 






On Friday, Jeremy worked from home because hardly anyone was going to be in the office. Berlin had a field trip to the planetarium, so I took him to kita and then I went to find pectin to make jam. Berlin ended up being at his field trip longer than I expected, so I did a lot of walking around. Which made me a lot more tired than I was expecting. I did find pectin, and I went to the Turkish market and got a ton of strawberries for less than 5 euros, so after I picked up Berlin we went home and started making jam. Jeremy and Oslo were at home when a guy came to fix the window in the boys' room (broken in June) and now they have an un-cracked window again.




On Saturday, Jeremy got up early to help a family in our ward move, which ended up meaning that he helped two families move, essentially. The boys and I did some jobs and made muffins and ended up asleep before Jeremy got home. After naps we went to the grocery store and then had a pizza/movie night.
We found Jeremy a Fiji bottle at the grocery store. We haven't ever seen those here. 
It was... a big moment for him.


On Sunday morning, I woke up sometime around 4:30AM because Berlin had gotten up and turned his light on to play with Legos. Miraculously, Oslo did not wake up, but Berlin didn’t go back to sleep, even after I took the lightbulb out of his room. Church was great, but by the time we were headed home everybody was REALLY tired. The boys crashed. We were having friends come over for dinner, so I threw some stuff in the crockpot before I crashed too. I don’t know how Jeremy stayed awake, but he did. It was great to have our friends over (Ben and Christie Turner, and their little baby Violet) and very soon after they left the boys went to bed again. Good news for us, because we’re pretty much ready to crash too.


Berlin: I'm coloring Jesus.
Oslo: I'm coloring Jerome.




Berlin with Annette (filling in for piano in Primary), Ron, and the little girl I don't know.
Annette sent this to me.




[title from addicted by simple plan - oslo has been singing the chorus all week]

No comments: