Sunday, October 27, 2019

the most least evil person you'll ever meet

Oct 21 - 27

Monday feels like forever ago. Jeremy took Berlin to kita and picked him up from kita and that’s about all I remember. Jeremy did go to bed early because he didn’t feel great, and I stayed up a little later making sure we had all of our documentation together for the visa appointment on Tuesday, but that’s it.



On Tuesday, we met Jeremy at the foreign immigration office for an appointment to get an EU Blue card, a different kind of visa that more or less makes us like permanent residents (most of the benefits without actually having residency). It’s always a strange process - I feel like we’re always treated like we probably don’t understand what we’re doing and we probably don’t have the right documentation, but so far, we’ve always had everything we needed, and once they realize that they’re super nice. But the initial part is always a little weird. Jeremy got the visa started and it will be sent to him in a few weeks, and then we’ll be on his visa in a couple of years when our visas expire. Anyway. Fun adventures with bureaucracy. The boys and I took naps and then ran errands (somewhat unintentionally) until really late, such that Jeremy was on his way home from ward council and met us at the train station to help us get everything home, including some groceries and a pumpkin. The boys also got some free Halloween glasses, which they absolutely loved.




Wednesday morning Oslo and I found a Cars’ canvas for the boys’ room, and that adventure took a while before we went and picked up Berlin at kita, where we wrote down a list of numbers of people who could pick up Berlin in the event that we’re at the hospital. I think we had naps after that, but I can’t really remember the rest of that day.

More of Jeremy and Berlin's shenanigans on the train to kita/work



On Thursday I had another doctor’s appointment, where again, just the routine listen to the heart rate/contractions monitor, during which the baby had hiccups which was kind of funny, and then we saw the doctor, who essentially just said, “It’s a big baby. Come back in a week or call us when you have the baby to cancel the appointment.” Yay. Jeremy had met us at the doctor’s office and we went back to Kreuzberg with him to pick up Berlin, then we went home and had naps and Jeremy finished working. We… probably did something that night.



On Friday, Oslo and I did some house projects (I finished a blanket, at some point this week I’d made some pillows out of ruined tshirts and decided to document the finished products) and took naps, and then we met Berlin and Jeremy at the library. We got some books, including a few for Jeremy and Berlin to read together on the train, and then we went grocery shopping - I’d made a list of freezer meals I wanted to put together, plus our normal groceries, so it was kind of a big trip. We came home, had dinner, and the boys crashed. Jeremy and I watched that Amazon show again.







On Saturday, the boys ran to the post office for me while I made breakfast (and snacked on toaster waffles on the way). They also found an outdoor market that isn’t too far from our house, and they learned that it’s open twice a week. They got some thread and some jam. They came home, we had french toast for what was really lunch before the boys took naps. I started on my freezer meals, and after a few hours/when I got tired of standing, I sat on our bed and went through unfiled papers. When the boys woke up from naps, we watched some Halloween cartoons while Jeremy and Zachary played Starcraft, and the boys went to bed after dinner and cupcakes (I used almond extract earlier in the day that reminded Berlin of cupcakes, so we just… made some cupcakes!).

Berlin made Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Donald Duck out of Legos. 
After he got a comic book about them at the library.



Today was kind of a cold and rainy day. We went to church, which was great, but I was suddenly ravenous and didn’t want to wait for Jeremy to be done with his after church stuff, so the boys and I went straight home, ate lunch, and the boys were asleep before Jeremy got home. I took a nap too, and the boys played for a while before they came in and woke me up. We ate dinner and watched The Restoration before bed.




[title from not evil by tiffany haddish, Lego 2 Movie Soundtrack - yep, they're still on that kick]

No comments: